A preposition is a word that shows a relation between a noun or pronoun to another word in the sentence.
The object of a preposition is any noun or noun equivalent that follows a preposition. In a sentence, the object of a preposition may take the following forms.
Noun
Can you go with Martha?
I have to talk about History.
Pronoun
I need to have a word with you.
She looked at him.
They commented on it.
A noun phrase
We went across the desert.
The children achieved to walk along the narrow path.
The boy listens to European folk.
The little girls got her hair tangled in the swing chain.
A noun clause (wh-)
She never commented on what I posted on her facebook.
The teacher went through what we saw the day before.
My friend never regretted about what he did.
Gerund phrase
Hey wait! The presenter said something about singing.
The boy can jump very high by using an elastic bed.
The key to learning a language is determination and sacrifice.




0 Comments Received
Leave A Reply