Instructions: Identify the adverbs and adverbials in the sentences and indicate their type.

1. Schools for girls were built. Consequently, girls had a chance to learn about health and life skills.

2. Some graduates became valued business owners. As a result, they were invited to serve on business councils.

3. My father reads to improve his vocabulary.

4. We washed our hands after playing outside.

5. Before you watch TV, you need to finish your homework.

6. John helped me out so I was, therefore, able to do my homework.

7. I usually take the bus at 7:10 am but now it seems that I’m a little late.

8. Can you reach the box beside the bottles under the third shelf?

9. The University of Playa Ancha is a bit far from my house in Quillota.

10. I took the picture twice and the same spectrum repeats in both sequences.

11. You bloody well know that smoking's not allowed here.

12. The minister told how the new laws would help to decrease the rate of crime in the city.

13. They've set up a plan whereby you can spread the cost over a period.

14. Please refer to the Regulations and in particular Articles 99 and 100 thereof.

15. Afterwards we decided to go by car. I've done that journey before.

16. Perhaps she is absolutely wrong, but she will never accept the opposite.

17. That’s right. Otherwise, we would be completely screwed.

18. Can you please, get me out of here? The cold is killing down here.

19. The ambulance rushed to the hospital at 2 am when we were still awake.

20. Erick is going to cook that anyhow because I know how determined that guy is always.

21. As we wait for our specials guests to come, maybe we can play cards.

22. How will you fix the compute you’ve just broken?

23. She has certainly checked her report a thousand times before handing in.

24. Twist the eggs gently in the bowl, then removed them and put them into the saucepan.

25. Where are my sandals? I remember to have put them somewhere.

26. She turned down my invitation to such a great party.

27. My keyboard got stuck and then went off suddenly. I threw it into the can afterwards.

28. That guy is crazy. I saw him turn off the road when all those giant trucks were passing by.

29. Jersey Shore is by far the stupidest thing I ever saw but I love it anyways. LOL

30. Vicky territories under General Petain’s command remained occupied until the allies set the region free and defeated the Nazi Germany in a sequence of bloody but heroic battles.

31. I wish I was a singer as the ones that appear on MTV cribs.

32. How are you doing on these exercises? Are they hard to certain extent?

33. Come on buddy! The goal ahead your way is always closer and closer.

34. Even though you feel English morphology is a pain in the neck, it is absolutely useful for you to get aware about how a language works and how its features are arranged within a meaningful sentence.

35. Good luck guys. Last attempt of the year; don’t give in without a fight.